Happy Friday! I know it’s nearly over for a lot of you. I had an incredibly busy day at work, but I’m here now and ready to show you what I’ve been doing and what I promised I would bring here this week.
The first picture is another version of my Pocketful of Posies die by Spellbinders. This flower was made differently and therefore is much smaller than the same die I used on Monday. I began by placing some stamen onto a floral wire using floral tape. Next I cut out several shades of tissue paper and began gathering them around the stamen. I secured them in place with thin floral wire. When I was finished, I wrapped all of them with floral tape to hide all the messiness :). This flower goes together very quickly but definitely looks a LOT different than Monday’s flower. Here is a front view. Now, obviously you can soften the colors a bit but I chose these so you could see the different layers. If you mist them lightly with water and bleach they will fade and curl up, which is really lovely.